PKT-117Pre-treated hot work steel with good machinability. Can be nitrided and coated. Applications:
- Dies for injection of thermoplastics, thermosets, zinc based alloys, and in some conditions of aluminium based alloys (dies with big dimensions and not excessively large pulls)
- For parts of the die where heat extraction is advantageous
- Frequently used for the construction of sliders, preferably when nitrided
- Plate insert-carriers, dolly, die bases, hold-down plates, columns, and bushes for dies
- Jackets for hot banding of hard metal cores, forging stamps, or steels at high hardness
- Dies for hot and cold deburring, cutting dies for silver, alpaca and soft alloys
- Punching tools and stamping dies
- Forging stamps, mandrels, pushers, and extrusion die holders
- Shear and folding blades
- Gears, shafts, pins, broaches, and screws when not of high severity
- Pre-treated to 1500 MPa [218 ksi] Nominal. Use in delivery condition.
The above set forth description of material applications is for general information purposes only and must not be interpreted as any express or implied warranty or guarantee of fitness for purpose for such or any other applications.